Sunday, April 1, 2012

HAPPY 7 MONTHS


Unbelievable...she's 7 months. How did it get here so fast?  I've been filling out milestones in her baby book left & right lately...she changing & doing new things constantly.

A few months back I suspected that she was going to have curls/wave in her hair & indeed she does. I love how it flips out behind her ears & at the bottom of her neck.  It's getting super long, enough that I can gather a small "ponytail" in the center of her head like Pebbles from the Flinstones. She is still extremely tolerant with things on her head i.e. headbands, clips, hats, bunny ears...

The drool is incessant but still no teeth.  I ordered an amber teething necklace for her the other day.

She has done fantastic with solids & is still breastfeeding.  Her favorite food so far is definitely carrots but she loved butternut squash & zucchini. She wasn't a fan of avocado & the verdict is still out on mango.  It's been so much fun making her food & seeing how excited she gets eating it. She loves her sippy cup with water & gets the most adorable look of pride as she brings it to her mouth.

She babbles non-stop.  She says "Da-da" & "bah-bah" & "muh" & all sorts of jibberish I can't make out.  She LOVES to yell, not in an angry/mad way but in a "oh hey, that's me doing that" way. Apparently she also finds it amusing because it makes her laugh. 

I know I write about it all the time but I am blown away by her affection for music. It can be music on the TV from a commercial, a car driving past us with window down, playing on iTunes or on the radio in the car..no matter where it is coming from she immediately stops what she is doing, smiles & squeals & wiggles/shakes.  You know she is really loving it when her little legs get going. Sometimes I think she is trying to sing along with the music because she just squeals away to it. It goes without saying that I listen to a lot of music so she is constantly being exposed to it. She is my tiny dancer & has been since she was in my belly. 

Although she doesn't watch much TV she loves Baby Einstein & is becoming interested in Sesame Street.  I downloaded an application on my iPhone where Elmo calls & I think that is what has sparked the interest.  She LOVES to watch basketball, especially if she is snuggled up with her Daddy.

She still loves books. I read the same book over & over while she sits on my lap & slaps the pages in excitement.  Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom is read more times then I can count.

Along with Sophie, McQuacken the Duck & her blankie, you will find her with a baby doll my Gram gave her for Christmas.  She literally talks to it. It's so sweet.  Give the kid a spoon & you'd think she was playing the drums...she loves to play with a spoon. Hitting things seems to be a source of entertainment, she is constantly taking 2 objects & hitting them together as she bounces up & down.

She loves her exersaucer...sometimes I think she is going to bounce out of it.  She can't sit in her bouncy seat anymore, even buckled in, because she has learned to crawl out.  Thankfully she loves to scoot around in her walker & is still content if I have to put her in her swing. 

Her giggle is my favorite sound.  She is soooooo ticklish around her belly button & under her arms.  It doesn't take much to hear that giggle but if you want to hear that sound, tickling her is a surefire way.  Also startling her. She loves to be startled...even something as little as a jack-in-the-box popping up or playing peek-a-boo.  It makes her laugh every time.  I probably spend 1/2 my day doing ridiculous things to make her laugh because her sweet raspy giggle is music to my ears.

I'd almost bet that bath time is her favorite time of day.  She splashes away & picks up her rubber duckies & throws them across the tub.  She LOVES to have her head washed & water squirted on her. The best part is dancing around her room in her princess towel while her Daddy sings "Only Girl in The World".

No more swaddling. She is just in the sleep sack now.  It was an easy transition since she was being swaddled inside her sleep sack.  She is still sleeping through the night, going to bed around 7:30 & getting up around 7:30-7:45.  We are so fortunate to have such a great sleeper. She is pretty much down to 2 naps a day but every now & then will squeeze in a short 3rd.

She has been scooting/army crawling for quite some time.  I have a feeling she will be "real" crawling VERY soon.  She has been getting up on all 4's & rocking back/forth.  She has crawled a few times but then falls forward, gets frustrated & rolls to whatever it is she is trying to get.  She pulls herself up from a sitting position & takes steps when you hold her fingers.  I am baby proofing the house even more this week.

I have my hands full, that is for sure.  Full of a bubbly, sweet, sweet, affectionate girl. She is my little side kick.
I totally forgot about her 7 month picture so this was totally an after thought. Her onesie was too big despite being 3-6 months & she had just woken up from a nap. She was extremely chill when we took the pictures...all I could get was blank stares & crinkled noses.

Happy 7 months sweet girl. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment