Sunday, April 8, 2012

UNFAILING LOVE

Well...Addison's Easter outfit didn't go quite as planned.  I bought her an adorable 3-6 month aqua & navy dress from Janie & Jack a long time ago. When 3-6 months came and went & she couldn't fit into it, I thought Easter would be the perfect occasion for it.  The dress is aqua with a fantastically J-Crew-ish navy ruffled neck & little navy bows on the pockets.  It has sort of a vintage/Parisian flair.  I even sewed a navy bow headband with lace to match.  Every week I have put the dress on in hopes that it would fit but to no surprise it's still too big. I hunted all week & found plenty of cute dresses but never could find Addison's size.  Last night before Addison went to bed I was frantically going through her closest & came upon a precious white lace dress that our friends Eliza & Marcello bought Addison for Christmas.  Although it was a little big, it fit much better than all the other dresses she tried on.  I had to cinch the waist in so I made her a little belt (which actually matched my outfit).  

Last year I wrote to Addison about our church's egg hunt, Jesus, picturing her dressed up for Easter & painting my belly in the "Happy Easter" post.  Although she had "wardrobe issues" her first Easter was exactly as I pictured. I am excited for the day that she will experience Jesus' unfailing love & come to an understanding that we celebrate Easter because of the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ.  While I look forward to taking her to egg hunts & picking out pretty dresses, I am even more excited about teaching her the true meaning of Easter.  Like I have blogged before, I love  Pinterest. I have found so many creative ways to do so.  Here is an example of an activity I would love to do with Addison as she grows up to teach her about Jesus's unfailing love for us:




I was slack & waited until the very end of the day to take her picture so she looks sort of disheveled but still so darn cute.

1 comment:

  1. Her Easter dress turned out perfect! Like it was planned months ago ;0)

    ReplyDelete