Wednesday, November 16, 2011

UNDER THE WEATHER

I think the constant weather change is starting to wear on me.  One day it's in the 50's & then you have a gorgeous day like today in the upper 70's.  My nose is stuffy one minute, runny the next.  My chest feels heavy & I've had a constant headache...blah!  Philip doesn't feel any better & I think Addison is starting to get a little cold too.  Needless to say we've been loading up on vitamin C.  I really don't want Addison to get sick.  I never really thought of that before. I completely avoid people that are sick to protect Addison...but what do I do when it's me? I know literature says breastfeeding helps boost babies immunity but what if the breastfeeding mum has a snotty nose?!  I guess it's almost inevitable, especially since Philip is feeling under the weather too. Hopefully this will be short lived.

Addison is sitting upright on her own her Bumbo now...she is growing up so fast. 
I plopped her in it while I fixed one of my new favorite snacks: 
Kale Chips. 
I love to cook with Kale & LOVE this snack. I guess it's a bonus since Kale has so much vitamin C along with a long list of other health benefits.  It's especially good when you are craving something a little bit salty (but not too salty).
Buy a bundle of fresh Kale from the grocery store
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Spray baking sheet with Olive Oil Spray (I use Trader Joe's)
Wash & Dry in salad spinner or pat dry with paper towel
 Break away pieces from stem to form "chips" 
Line on baking sheet
You can drizzle them with olive oil or use a nonfat butter spray like I can't believe it's not butter
Season with your choice (I use Ranch but you could use lawry's or Adobo)
Bake for 10-15 minutes until Kale is crisp & lightly browned on edges
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment