Monday, November 14, 2011

IT HAS BEGUN

I get so excited planning, designing & decorating but I get even more excited when it all starts to come together.  


I thought we were going to start with our bedroom because it was the easiest but after talking it over with Philip we decided to start with the main living area because it's where the most time is spent.  Again, it's pretty simple & doesn't require any type of renovation, just a little bit of fresh paint & new couches/chairs, ottoman etc. It was tough deciding on a paint color because of the open floor plan of our house so we knew whatever we choose had to be something that flowed from room to room.   After a week of deliberation we found the perfect color to compliment the other rooms.
Valspar HD: Khaki
It's not the best quality picture because it was taken with my iphone & the lighting wasn't the best but I am extremely pleased with the way it turned out. 
The room is still a mess with furniture everywhere
We picked out the sofa, over sized chair/ottoman & 2 sitting chairs. We just need to sell our current stuff.  I am going to be making a coffee table/ottoman & a few large art projects for the wall. 1 day a week I'll post pictures with updated renovations/re-design & after some of the DIY projects are complete how to's.  It's amazing what a coat of paint can do & how much excitement it brings.  I am excited because it has officially began.

3 comments: