Wednesday, November 23, 2011

FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK

Like clockwork she greeted me with her sweet gummy smile at 7am, cooed & ah'd. I sipped on my coffee & starred at her with glossy eyes because I knew this seemingly normal morning was going to be short lived & our daily routine was going to look much different today.  I had never left her for more than 3 hours let alone 8...ugh! With every little smile & squeal I kept reminding myself that THIS is what I get to come home to. It was definitely reassuring knowing that she would be with Philip all day...he is SO GREAT with her.
I got in as many snuggles & kisses...basked in her sweet "Addison scent" as possible & left feeling comfortable because she was one happy girl this morning.  I cried the entire way into work & could barely compose myself to walk in through the ER doors.  As soon as I met eyes with my first co-workers, I took a deep breath, pushed back the tears & knew it was going to be okay.  Before I even made it to the break room Philip was texting me pictures & video of her playing contently.  During one of my pumping sessions we even got to face time. I worked with a great crew today & the department flow was more than manageable. My patients reminded me why I decided to do this every now and then. The best part was clocking out, it felt like Christmas morning.  The anticipation on the drive home was unbearable, I couldn't get home & showered fast enough to snuggle. My sweet sweet baby girl greeted me with a big smile & her laugh/squeal thing she does. She smelled AH-MAZING & I snuggled her until she fell asleep...it was perfect.  I had the perfect first day back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Going back to work... A new mommy's most dreaded day. Glad you made it through!

    ReplyDelete