Tuesday, November 29, 2011

TUMMY TIME=FUSSY TIME


Addison has recently started HATING tummy time!  She used to LOVE it. With urging from our pediatrician we started it very early on & she had been doing great at it. By 4 weeks she was able to completely lift her head up & turn it from side to side while propped up on her boppy.  The stronger she got we transitioned her to her Infantino tummy time mat which gives less of a boost & she'd happily watch Philip & I or reach for her toys we placed in front of her.  Lately whether she is flat on her stomach on her mat, propped up with her boppy, resting on my shins in a superman position or laying across my knees, she gets so upset!   I get on the floor and shake her rattle in front of her, play music, stare at her face to face, prop her up to take pressure off of her stomach & she only lasts about 5-10 minutes max with an emphasis on max because sometimes it's only 2 minutes. I know it's important to to help develop their core & strengthen their neck muscles which overall promotes crawling & sitting independently but I feel like I am torturing her.   She loves to sit up & does a fantastic job holding her head up on her own, turning from side to side. She is happy as a clam in her bumbo & swing when she is completely erect.  She has no problems in her play gym either. She scoots around on her back & has rolled from her back to her side several times.  I can't seem to figure out what is bothering her about it & wish I could find a solution.  I try multiple times during the day & always make sure she hasn't just eaten or isn't tired...hmmmm. ANY SUGGESTIONS??


She has recently fallen in love with her Sophie the Giraffe teether. For those of you pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant it's an absolute must. She LIGHTS UP when she hears it squeak & looks so excited when she grasps it & it squeaks in her hand.  I've even tried using Sophie in front of her to try & get her to stay on her tummy but no luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment