Wednesday, November 2, 2011

FAIL


I was a bad mum & forgot to post Addison's 2 month "sticker" pictures so I will start with that today:
This was my favorite because she sort of looks like a doll.
I know it's a bit redundant but WOW she has CHANGED so much!?!  Even her patience in letting me take the picture (she was not a happy camper for 1 month). 
headband: gift from Jen & Jarred purchased from OhBabyBowtique
onesie: basic gerber nb from Target
vest: carter's nb
sticker: ktozdesign

I am sad to report we had no luck with the sleep sack.  In fact, it was actually harder to put her down last night then...I can't even remember when!?! After 2 hours of trying to put her down & feeling frustrated, I finally figured out it was probably the sleep sack (it was the only thing different).  She was swimming in it & she obviously likes the comfort of a tight swaddle, even if she is a little Houdini & wiggles her way out. 

I bought the smallest one they have which is supposed to be designed for 0-6 months.  It's a huge range for any baby let alone Addison. She is so petite & still wearing newborn clothing. I am not really sure why I thought this would have the same effect as a swaddle anyway. It's not even designed to be a swaddle (which I knew), it's designed to be like a blanket draped over a baby but it doesn't ride up towards the face to help reduce the risk of SIDS. Mum brain?! Apparently she is not ready to stop being swaddled so we will keep doing it.  Anyway as you can see from the snapshot of her video monitor she was out like a light the second I swaddled her. 

4 comments:

  1. I love her little smile picture!! Like I told you when you were up, Bryce was swaddled until 6 months old! Some babies just need it. Even though she escapes, keep doing it if it is working and she is comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Woombie yet? I tell you, it's the best darn thing I've discovered as a parent and I only wish I'd had it with Zoey. It's the idea of the sleep sack in that it is safe and recommended for SIDS reduction, but the difference is that it mimics the swaddle in how tight it is. The fabric is very stretchy and the zippers are nice and convenient. Addison may not like it, every baby is different, but it may be worth a try!

    http://www.woombie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I just read your other post that Addison likes to be swaddled with her arms out. If you did end up looking into the Woombie, most of them are full-swaddles, but they do have the Convertible that lets you keep their arms out. Anyway, just wanted to pass it on from one mama to another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She didn't unswaddle at all last night although she was put to bed laying horizontally in the crib & when she woke up to nurse she was vertical which is probably how she is becoming unswaddled. Jen I am definitely going to look into the woombie

    ReplyDelete