Friday, November 4, 2011

MASTER BEDROOM RE-DESIGN

Every couple of months I get a "design bug".  50% of the time it involves a complete room redesign/overhaul & 100% of the time results in a change whether it's a paint color, statement piece or even as simple a rearranging furniture.  The bug is back.  For several months Addison's nursery consumed me & fulfilled that bug.  Inevitably while I am nursing or folding laundry I start thinking about which project to tackle next in the house and today I decided it's the master bedroom.  It's probably one of smaller rooms to redo because it's really just going to involve new curtains, duvet/pillows, accessories & some paint. We have a fab bed from Thomasville we purchased a couple of years ago & antique dressers we had refinished 6 years ago with classic Restoration Hardware Cup pulls to match the nailhead trim on the bed. 
Here is my dilema. 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these fabrics.  Leaning towards having curtains made in the chevron fabric & bedding with the yellow slub fabric & the cherry lotus fabric but I am not totally sold. 
The problem is I can't really decide on a color scheme.  Here are a few palettes I like.  Obviously some of these would totally throw all 3 fabrics out the window all together or only allow 1 or 2 to be incorporated. 
I am leaning towards {spiced neutrals} & {color fused}

 The {color chilled} palette is probably the least predictable for me.  My entire house is blues, greys, creams with the exception of my granny smith apple green & black guestroom.  I want to be a little more adventurous with color but I still want my room to be clean & classic....decisions, decisions!



No comments:

Post a Comment