Tuesday, December 13, 2011

THIN MINT TRUFFLE {SWOON}

This past weekend was the kickoff for this years long list of holiday parties.  For the party we attended Sunday we were responsible for bringing a side dish & dessert.  Hmmmmm, what to bring? While I LOVE to bake & cook (and personally think I am pretty good at it), my pumpkin protein bars & baked chicken with sweet potatoes don't generally appeal to the masses, lol...at least during the holidays.  So I did what seems to my norm these days & perused Pinterest.  Of course it came through...enter
THIN MINT TRUFFLES

The recipe can be found at cookincowgirl

I made a few adjustments only because I waited until the last minute to make them & my local grocery store was out of a few things.  I used vanilla almond bark & dyed it with green food coloring because I couldn't find the mint morsels & used white chocolate to drizzle on top.  All & all I was pretty pleased with the way they looked & everybody that ate them said they were great. I think I'll be making these again.  In fact, it inspired me to make a few other types of truffles for this weekends party Philip & I are hosting. Thanks once again Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment