Monday, December 19, 2011

RE-PURPOSING CLOTHES

This girl has more clothes than I know what to do with. People constantly ask me if she ever wears the same thing more than once. She definitely does but I buy mostly separates for her (just like I do myself) so I can change things up.  She might not have worn the same "outfit" more than 1 time but definitely the articles of clothing, especially because I re-purpose so many of her things. Today she is wearing a newborn onesie that still fits that came in a set with leggings & jacket that no longer fit.  Her "sweater vest" is actually a newborn dress that she only wore 2 times & her jeggings came with a set my mum bought her.  Her knit items like hat & shoes can be stretched so she will get lots of use out of them as well.  The same goes with headbands.  She has a few printed onesies that I completely adore but got stained by either my carelessness or accidents that I have cut around the stains & turned them into rosettes for headbands/clips.  There is really a lot you can do to make clothes last.
It helps that Addison is really petite. Pictures of her are quite deceiving. While she has chubby little cheeks there is nothing chubby about the rest of her body.  Score for us & her clothes because they are lasting so much longer!
Clothes can even be used as tissues, something to suck on, a place to hide...lol.  She was kinda over me taking her picture.

So to answer the question, "does she ever wear the same thing more than once", the answer is Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment