Monday, December 5, 2011

HOUSE UPDATES

Things are really starting to come together around the house. 

Our new living room couch & chair arrived Thursday.  The ottoman is scheduled to ship today so hopefully we will have it before the 17th. 
Pottery Barn Slip Grand Rolled Arm Slip Covered Couch in Stone (creamy grey)
Pottery Barn rolled arm slip covered chair also in stone
 The slip covers are still super wrinkly from washing them, I probably should take them off & iron them so it doesn't look so sloppy.  

I ordered 3 24x24 pillow forms & am having covers made for them from an ETSY shop.
thislittlehome
I figured it was a "safe" way to incorporate chevron without commitment & a big expense. If the fabric looks identical to the pictures they will fit beautifully with the room. We have 2 robins egg blue side lamps with off white linen shades, one of the throws is cream with robins egg blue & the rug is tufted large scale cream flowers over robins egg blue.
I also ordered a couple 20x20 cream cable knit throw pillows for the couch.
I made the art on the wall behind the couch when we first built the house.  Above the chair we have a long cream shelf with pictures. We still have more to do but are waiting until the Christmas decorations come down.  So this is all for the living room for now until it's complete :)
The walls are freshly painted in the master bedroom & our duvet & shams arrived Friday.
Here is a sneak peak:
Obviously not what I had originally "dreamed up" in my previous post about this room but all the colors are still in line. 

As the room comes together I will be posting more pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I love your colors!! I wish I could get into really decorating our house but we move so often that it seams pointless. I am just thankful that this move all our boxes got unpacked! Anyway, your living room is super cute!! Good luck on the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I bet it would be hard if you move a lot. Sometimes just rearranging the furniture or adding some fresh cut flowers makes you feel like you redid the whole room.

    ReplyDelete