Friday, December 9, 2011

ROLLING OVER

I have an extremely confusing, STRONG WILLED child, lol.  A week ago I posted how much she hated tummy time & now I can't seem to get her OFF HER TUMMY.  She has been rolling over from stomach to back for probably about a month now & back to front since Saturday.  Now that she has mastered back to stomach I CAN'T KEEP HER OFF HER TUMMY!!! Exciting right?!  Very, except that she is doing it during sleep which completely freaks me out. For the most part she stays on her back during at night but every single nap this is how I keeping finding her....


I put her back on her back, she gives me that gummy grin...I walk out & peak at the monitor & bam, she is on her stomach again.  I go back in, flip her back to her back & she rolls back onto her stomach.   I gave up this morning & let her sleep on her stomach but I am not sure if that is even ok or not.  I know at this point the risk of SIDS is dramatically reduced & my generation slept on our stomachs but being an educated person, knowing why the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends back sleeping & being an ER nurse...I just don't feel comfortable with it.  Maybe I am the one who is confusing, lol.  Last week I was worried she didn't spend enough time on her tummy & now that I can't get her off of it, I am freaking out, lol.

3 comments:

  1. At our baby basics class they told us that once a baby can roll over to their tummy on their own (like you are describing), it isn't a big deal that they sleep on their backs anymore. I think it is because they are strong enough to flip back over if they need to. Not sure if that helps to relieve your mind, but I thought I'd mention it just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it definitely helps relieve my mind...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a mom is hard. We always worry. :)

    ReplyDelete