Sunday, June 17, 2012

FATHER'S DAY

Even though today wasn't "my" day...it was "my" day to celebrate an amazing Daddy. We are INCREDIBLY lucky...you will quite often hear me quote Ben Folds saying "I am the luckiest" because I truly am.  He is the greatest companion any girl could dream of; he is my best friend.  He is a phenomenal father & already has a super fan, Addison. I love to watch her face light up when she seems him come down the stairs in the morning & hear her sweet raspy giggle when he kisses her bare belly & his scratchy whiskers get her in the right spot, it completely melts my heart.  {insert sappy music} no really, click the link below & listen to the song "My Little Girl" by Jack Johnson...it brings me to tears every time I listen to it.
Like I have said on here before we have decided to celebrate EVERYTHING but in celebration we'd rather make memories, cherishing those moments than focus on things. We sort of bent the rules a little bit (so did he for Mother's Day) & he is getting a new grill of his choice. It would have been a disaster with me picking it out because I know absolutely nothing about grills.

Addison & I let Philip sleep in & cooked up breakfast while he slept in.  

eggs, grilled tomatoes, sauteed kale & mushrooms & cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes




We went to church then spent the rest of the afternoon with the 3 of us. When I asked earlier in the week if there was anything special he'd like to do for Father's Day he said he wanted to eat lunch & hang out in the park.  We picked up Zoe's Kitchen salmon & chicken kaboobs & a garden salad & that's what we did.  My parents came by this afternoon & I have to head into work at 6.
I think it was a perfect day (minus having to head into work).

P.S. Our 7th wedding anniversary is tomorrow....CRAZY!

1 comment: