Monday, June 18, 2012

7 YEARS

I married my best friend 7 years ago today. While the allure of the "wedding fantasy", beautiful white dress, Jamaican honeymoon & all the festivities has faded, I still have those same wedding day butterflies when he tells me he loves me. If you would have told me we would have lived I the Midwest, gotten In a bad car accident forever injuring ourselves, gone though several years of fertility treatments/testing/procedures, have been blessed with an amazing baby & be getting ready to open our own business I would have laughed & said you were CRAZY!?! I am sooooooo thankful he ignored my "rules/regulations (not getting married until I was at least 28) & proposed anyway.

Our night went a little like this:



We went Margaux's,a lovely French-Inspired restaurant. He had ancho chile dusted snapper with veggies & a fresh watermelon salsa. I had yellowfin tuna on a bed of toasted romaine, anchovies, diced artichoke/egg & fresh veggies. it was absolutely delicious.

After dinner we came home & laughed & reminisced about how much life has changed over the last 7 years. I was such a baby (21) when we got married.

I couldn't imagine my life being written any other way & sharing that story with anyone else. I love you Philip!



No comments:

Post a Comment