Sunday, May 13, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY


Last year I was 6 months pregnant on Mother's Day.  I pranced around our backyard, giddy with excitement, posing awkwardly for Philip...so eager to show off my emerging bump.
6 Months
My day mostly consisted of preparation for Addison's arrival & daydreaming of the future & what it would be like.

This year I spent the day with such gratitude as I reflected on the last 8 months...
the moment my life changed forever

1 day old
7 days old


2 months




3 months



4 months



5 months



6 months

7 months
8 months
Philip & Addison gave me flowers, cards, a lovely Pandora charm with Addison's birthstone to add to my charm bracelet, took me to lunch & affirmed me being a mother all day long. Philip made me feel so special. I feel like I should be the one saying thank you. I have been given the greatest gift.  It wasn't too long ago I didn't think I'd ever this opportunity. I am blessed beyond measure.  She We've done a lot of growing these last 8 months. She is teaching me something knew EVERY day.  I am learning patience; to enjoy the small things; I am learning to see things more simply, through the eyes of a child; I am learning about love; I am learning true joy & happiness.  I mean it when I say that I am the luckiest & that I have all I will ever need. Every day that I think it's reached it's pinnacle, the next day is better than I could have ever imagine.  This is by far the greatest adventure I have ever been on.

Graycie Harmon said "My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune." I pray that I am that for Addison. I pray that I am a source of comfort & happiness. I pray that she knows the joy she brings me & what a gift she is to me.  I pray that I can be everything she needs me to be.

4 comments:

  1. Look how big she is by 8 months! Pause button please! Make sure to post pics and videos while you are away... 10 days is a super long time without that sweet little smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to miss our outside time for sure, especially missing out on it this week! 10 days is long...I'll be sure to text you some good ones too (maybe a video?)

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's day a few days late! I love the pictures you posted! She sure has grown!

    I also wanted to let you know I have moved from Semper Feisty to A Life Courageous. I would love for you to come follow me over there before I delete the other! www.aLifeCourageous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete