Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A LITTLE ADVENTURE

Yesterday was more of an adventure-ish day. I deviated from my normal run & skipped the beach all together to run through an gated subdivision; the homes were INCREDIBLE. It was the subdivision that the Obama's vacation in if that tells you anything. The whole time I was running I hoped nobody would stop me since I snuck in.

We spent the first 1/2 of the day on Kailua beach,known for beginner surfers (that would be me). I had a sense of fearlessness UNTIL I got flipped off the board & had to dive under it to avoid it knocking me out. I decided to swim with the sea turtles & play in the sand with the kids instead.




Addison LOVES the ocean, especially when a wave crashes up against her. At least one of us is fearless.

We hiked Manoa trail in the afternoon. At the end of the 800 ft elevation was Manoa Falls. Addison was in the side carry position in the Ergo. She did good on her first hike.



After the hike we walked around downtown Hononolulu & watched the sunset over the city at dinner.






There is still so many exciting things to do/see; swim with dolphins, paddle board, Pearl Harbor, shop, local farmers market, luau...FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment