Wednesday, May 9, 2012

BABY PROOFING


Yup, it's way past that time.  I am actually a little embarrassed to admit that up until this point our baby proofing has been minimal.  If you asked me 3 weeks ago I would have totally said our house was baby proof.  I walked in from the gym today to find Philip on his iPad & Addison quietly in the corner across the room chewing on the iPad charger that was plugged into the wall...awesome. In this moment it became completely evident to me that nothing is off limits to her now & we are not baby proofed at all.  I did what they said to do, I got down on all 4's & looked at things from Addison's view.  "Oh a cord to a lamp that I can pull down & knock myself out with", "Oh, a heavy metal letter T that has still yet to be hung on the gallery wall that can crush my fingers", "oooooooh Hampton's toys with lots of strings that I can put in my mouth & choke on", "mmmmm, Hampton's food/water", "this vase filler & pottery vase sure taste good". YIKES.


So I made a list...and put Philip to work to fully baby proof the downstairs. I have socket plugs being plugged in as we speak. As for the rest of the stuff, I made a list. What I can pick up from the store tomorrow I will & the rest I am ordering online.

So far my list contains:
  • cabinet locks
  • gate for bottom of stairs
  • non skid pad for entryway runner
  • finger pinch guards for hinges on doors
  • toilet lock
It kinda just crept up on us.  She is into EVERYTHING now & I definitely want to make sure she is safe. 

1 comment: