Thursday, May 3, 2012

GRAIN FREE PAD THAI

I go through "food phases".  A few months ago I wanted everything curry & before that anything Mediterranean.  While Indian & Mediterranean spices still find their way into the majority of the meals I make, I have been on a big spicy kick lately.  A few weeks ago I made a yummo grain-free Pad Thai using spaghetti squash. My mouth has been watering since.  We didn't have a spaghetti squash in the house so I julienned some zucchini & the result was just a pleasing to the palate.

First I marinated 2 vegetarian fed, free range chicken breast for approximately 5 hours in a tamari/almond butter marinade.  Here is what you need for that:

Once it was time to start cooking dinner, I sprayed the wok with a sesame oil spray & turned it up to medium/high heat.

For your "noodles" you'll need a julienne peeler & a couple zucchini.  The farmers market only had little baby zucchini.  I am guessing this would equal the size of 2 large zucchini.  Don't forget to peel them first.
I am so used to cooking the spaghetti squash separately from the chicken that I wasn't thinking & added the zucchini in right before I threw the chicken in to cook.  Next time I won't add the zucchini until 6-10 minutes before the whole meal is finished cooking. 

Next add your chicken & marinade.
I wound up throwing in a few mushrooms & julienned carrot slices we had hanging out in the fridge that needed to be used. After it was finished cooking I plated it onto of some fresh spinnach & pea shoots.
It was really good. Despite the zucchini cooking a little too long it was the perfect spaghetti squash and/or noodle sub.

Addison enjoyed her turkey that was cooked in a sweet potato, leek & asparagus stock. Her veggie was turnips spiced with tumeric & she had a few banana slices with it.


  She enjoyed it so much that she proceeded to suck the remnants off her bib.

No comments:

Post a Comment