Thursday, March 1, 2012

HAPPY 6 MONTHS


183 days, half of a year has gone by...she is 6 months.  Happy half birthday to my sweet, infectious Addison Grace.  She may be a little person but she has a big, bubbly personality; constantly entertaining. She is a little person with boundless energy & breathtaking beauty. Her creamy porcelain skin & wondrous blue eyes continue to stun me everyday.  Raspberry & coral love her skin tone (I actually haven't found a color that doesn't look good on her). Getting her dressed & changing her diaper has become quite the challenge! She is constantly moving; my little wiggle worm, jumping, shaking, scooting, army crawling, rolling around. She loves to go running in the BOB stroller & is obsessed with her walker/exersaucer. If you hold out your hands she will grasp your fingers & pull herself into a standing position with such pride.  She's so strong, golly...she is strong! She sits by herself like such a big girl & also shows so much pride/accomplishment that she can do so. She is starting to reach out her arms when she wants to be picked up along with her grunting "uh uh uh" sound she makes. She babbles constantly. These days I hear "la la la", something to the effect of "hum-ina, hum-ina", "maaaaahh", "daaaaaahh".  She is growing up before my eyes!   She has graduated into a size 2 diaper but is still wearing 0-3 months clothes. I am anxious to find out her current height & weight on Friday, she is still so tiny. Breastfeeding continues to go magnificently; it's still all that we are doing. We are going to start her some solids this month though. Surprisingly still no teeth. This last month we listened to a lot of Drake & Rihanna, "Take Care", the  "Human Again" album by Ingrid Michaelson, some Lily Allen & a lot of John Mayer. She now wiggles & bounces, taking one leg & slamming it on the ground as if she is dancing.  During praise & worship at church she is constantly moving to the music. With certain songs she squeals along as if she is singing, it's so cute. It's amazing watching her figure this world out...how intrigued she is by the simplest of things.  Everything is new and fresh, pure & untainted...I wish I could see it through her eyes.
the lighting wasn't great in this picture but I love the look on her face so I just made it look a little vintage

I think the The book "How Do I love you" says it perfectly.
 "How do I love you? It's impossible to say. For if I had a million days & time enough for all the praise, I couldn't tell you all the ways...I love you. Happy 6 months sweet baby girl.  Thank you for stretching my heart, teaching me daily lessons & constantly putting a giant smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment