Tuesday, March 6, 2012

CLOSET CRAFT SPACE

We finished my "creative space" in the office closet over the weekend. Here is how it turned out.

{1) Cork board tile that came in 4 pack from Target
{2} Cafe rods from Walmart for wrapping ribbon organization
{3} Cafe rods from Walmart & metal pale from $1 Target bin to store pencils, markers, & misc items
{4} Freezer basket from Walmart & 2 removable 3m hooks with adhesive backing & burlap ribbon to store wrapping paper
{5} Rubbermaid bin with handles storing tissue paper & bags
{6} shelf Philip built with scrap wood that we stained & mod podged wrapping paper to back of used to store fabric, paint, etc. 
excuse the tape on the sewing machine; i haven't used my new one yet
{1} Rubbermaid bins to store craft ribbon
{2} plastic corbel I picked up at Goodwill for $1.50 (2 of them) & spray painted we mounted underneath a black floating shelf we had lying around.  Used for misc. storage
{3} Old shelves from my college apartment that we had in the garage that I spray painted & I am using for thread & misc storage
{4} Rubbermaid container that I decorated with chevron stripes from black contact paper I made. Used to store misc. sewing things
{5} Table from Craig's List made from reclaimed barn wood. Philip sanded it, spray painted the bottom  & put a sealer on top.
{6} old basket with misc. sewing things

I am so happy with how it turned out.  Now I have a dedicated space for my "projects" & don't have to drag tubs & my sewing machine up & down stairs.  The space all together probably only cost about $75.00.  The paint is left over from the kitchen & I had most of the tubs/baskets. We purchased the desk, the desk lamp, & most of the items that are secured to the doors.  The best part is when I am done all I have to do is shut the door. 








2 comments:

  1. I love this! It looks wonderful- and that's so nice to just shut the doors :)

    ReplyDelete