Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I TOOK THE PLUNGE

{i love her fuzzy blonde hair & striking blue eyes}
For years...literally YEARS, I have said I wanted to dye my hair brown but I have never had enough courage.  I always felt like my skin was too light & I LOVED my hair super light. I am in the process of growing my hair out & have vowed to just getting it trimmed & thinned out.  I have had this itch for change lately & since my house is already undergoing little overhauls due to the urge, the next logical thing was to change me. A couple of weeks ago my hair stylist put low lights in & did a darker color glaze but it was still pretty blonde & faded pretty fast so today I took the plunge & dyed my hair brown.  It's definitely different but I LOVE that it's different.

It's actually a little darker in person.   Addison didn't really know what to think when I got home. She kept looking at me & smiling with this look of "i know that's my mom's smell & voice but it doesn't look like her" expression.  Philip loves it which was a huge sigh of relief because he has always had a "the blonder the better" philosophy. I've never been brunette before. I've played around with different shades of blonde & gotten low lights but this is by far the darkest I've ever been.  I think seeing the darker eyebrows is more shocking to me then the hair.


1 comment: