Monday, February 13, 2012

SWEET & SATISIFYING

Since Valentines Day is yet another holiday that seems to be associated with food/sweets, I figured I would share another one of my favorite snacks. I LOVE almonds! It's one of my favorite snacks & eat them so frequently that I now order them in 5 lb quantities from a food co-op I order other organic foods from. They tend to get a little boring by themselves since I buy them raw & sometimes adding a handful of blueberries doesn't do the trick. One of my absolute favorite ways to eat them is with a little dark cocoa & stevia.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Almonds, preferably raw because they are much better for you (you can buy them at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc)
Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa
Butter flavored cooking spray
Stevia


Put the desired amount of almonds you wish to coat in a seal-able container. Don't fill the container to the top because you will be shaking the almonds to coat them & you want to ensure they are evenly coated.  Spray the almonds with the butter spray & vigorously shake them.  You may need to repeat several times in order to thoroughly coat the almonds.  Next add approximately 1 teaspoon of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa & approximately 2 teaspoons of Stevia.  The measurements will vary based on the amount of almonds you are coating & your desired level of sweetness.  Shake the almonds until they are coated with the stevia & cocoa.
Now you have a sweet & satisfying snack that is loaded with Magnesium, protein, monounsaturated-heart healthy fats, vitamin E, Potassium, riboflavin & other great nutritional benefits. 




No comments:

Post a Comment