Monday, February 20, 2012

MOMMY STEPS

Early this morning after I finished my shift at the hospital (when I should have been sleeping), I was lying awake thinking of all the "first" moments I've had over the last 5 months & how many more I have to come. I was thinking about how everyday we achieve a milestone whether it's little or big. Last night was a BIG one & tonight is an even bigger...for me. Since I am only working casually in the ER, I am lucky enough that I don't have to leave Addison very often & when I do it's with Philip.  Sure, I have left her for an hour here & there with my parents & Philip's mom but I have never "left" her with somebody else & nobody other than Philip & I have put her to bed. Last night my Mum stayed at our house with her until I came home from work because Philip was away. It was a HUGE step for me.  I totally trust my Mum & know she is 100% capable of taking excellent care of Addison (after all, she did raise me), it's just something I haven't had to do in 5 months & have had a lot of anxiety about.  She did fantastic & although I left with much trepidation her sweet little giggles in the background made it much easier to slip out the door. I called when I got to the hospital & she was still laughing in the background which made it easy to get through my shift.  Mum texted me after she was asleep & she was snug as a bug when I got home early this morning. She was definitely happy to see me when she woke up at 7am & I was excited to see her.  It makes my sleep deprived Monday's so worth while!
{She looks slightly terrified}

{the "okay mom, get your dumb picture" look}

{Some of the faces she was shooting herself on the Macbook}

Tonight I am leaving her in the nursery at the gym while I take a cycling class....HUGE! My friends without children are probably reading this thinking I am a crazed lunatic.  I never thought I would have separation anxiety but sometimes I think I may have it worse than Addison.  They are mommy steps & I am taking them.


2 comments: