Thursday, February 2, 2012

NEW BABY FAVORITES & NECESSITIES

I have a ton of friends that are currently pregnant...SO EXCITING!?! I love the "is this normal", "did this happen to you", "___ just happened" texts, emails & phone calls!! With so many of them recently finding out the gender & starting their registries, I've had a lot of questions about what to register for, where to register, what items I cannot live without, etc.  Here is my list of what I have found the most useful & things I cannot live without.   You will notice there things omitted from my list that are on most registry guides & that is because Addison either didn't like it so it didn't work for us & we didn't find it useful; therefore we didn't feel we needed it. I only listed brands for certain items because I LOVE them.


gear + equipment
Stroller
Infant car seat
Swing
Bouncy seat
Travel crib or Pack n’ Play
Baby Carrier
Car mirror
Tummy Time mat
Play gym
Car window shades
Highchair 
Toys
Sophie teething giraffe

feeding
Bottles
Bottle warmer
Bottle sterilizer
Bottle drying rack
Burp cloths
Bibs
QUALITY electric breast pump + accessories: Medela In Style Advanced
Nursing pads
Nursing cream
Nursing pillow
Nursing cover
Baby dish wear (spoons, bowls, sippy cups)
diapering
Diaper bag
Diapers- 100% sold on Pampers as far as disposable diapers are concerned.  If I could have gotten Philip to buy in I totally would have done cloth. 
Unscented, sensitive wipes- I like Pampers Sensitive Thick
Wipes travel case
Scented diaper sacks
Disposable changing pads- I lay them down on the kangaroo changing table stations & then put my diaper bag & Addison's portable changing pad on top.  Those changing stations are germtastic & the idea of resting my diaper bag/Addison's changing pad on it totally grosses me out.
Travel changing pad (usually comes in most diaper bags)
Diaper cream: HUGE fan of Baby Bee by Burt's Bees
Changing pad for nursery
Changing pad cover for nursery
bathing + hygeine
Infant bath tub- I LOVED our Puj Tub.  
Shampoo: HUGE fan of Baby Bee by Burt's Bees
Body wash: HUGE fan of Baby Bee by Burt's Bees
Lotion: HUGE fan of Baby Bee by Burt's Bees
Brush and comb
Washcloths: Aden+Anais muslin washcloths. They are super soft & thick
Hooded towels
Bath toys
Nail Clippers
Rubbing Alcohol & Cotton Swabs or Q-tips
Nasal bulb syringe (the hospital will give you one of these & it's way better than any one that comes in a kit you can buy)
sleeping
Mattress pad
Crib sheets
Swaddling blankets: LOVE LOVE LOVE our Aden + Anais muslin swaddle blankets
Mattress Pad cover
Video monitor: Summer Infant Best View Hand Held Color Monitor
Sleep sack- LOVE her Aden + Anais sleep sack
Sound Machine- We have a portable one that way we can take it whenever we travel
clothing
Onesies both long & short sleeved
Socks
Receiving blanket
Pajamas
Any type of clothes that you want to dress your baby in!-
Don't let people try & convince you that babies live in one piece button up rompers & pajama-like outfits.  It's your baby & you can dress he/she however you choose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment