Monday, July 30, 2012

dream big



I, just like everybody else I am sure, am completely obsessing over the Olympics. I've always been a super fan but this year it's gone to a whole new level.  This time around I am completely awed & inspired by the extreme dedication & discipline it has taken every athlete in every event to get there. The extreme sacrifices they have made are unfathomable. 

It's awesome because somebody allowed them to dream big. Somebody introduced them to their sport, supported their goals/dreams & gave them the tools to get there.  Sure, there is undoubtedly God-given talent but without the mastery of that talent they wouldn't be where they are.    

10 years ago if somebody told me I'd be running a sub 6 min mile while pushing a baby in a jogging stroller I wouldn't have believed them.  10 years ago if somebody would have told me I'd be doing the things I am doing in Crossfit, I wouldn't have believed them.  Imagine if I had been as passionate about these things or introduced to them sooner?!

I want Addison to be a dreamer. I don't want her to not try something because she doesn't think she can do it.  I will teach her she can do anything. I will give her the tools to accomplish her dreams. I know God has big things for her, it's my job as her mum to help her get there.  No matter what her dreams are in order to accomplish them it will require dedication, discipline and support. I will help her get there. I want her to be a dreamer.



No comments:

Post a Comment