Tuesday, July 24, 2012

dollar store crafts


{messy craft room}
Since Addison has been sick the last few days & we've been home, I have had the opportunity to work on a few of her birthday projects.

If your Pinterest feed looks anything like mine, Dollar Store Crafts has been popping up left & right.  I decided to take a peek (probably not a good idea) & see if there was anything legit on there.  I discovered a whole new world...cheap craft heaven.



{tiered plates}
{apothecary jars}
{tiered bowls}
This project literally took 20 minutes, minus the dry time.  It was simply a matter of washing the glassware, removing the stickers/adhesive, making sure the glassware was dry & then gluing the glassware together.  Tiered bowls & plates can run upwards of $40.00 & apothecary jars are $12.00 at HomeGoods.  All in all I spent under $25.00 for the supplies & have several new serving pieces for Addison's birthday party.


1 comment:

  1. I love this. Makes me want to go buy the items and do it myself. I love the tiered bowls, they could be used as fruit bowls. My mind is going a mile a minute.

    ReplyDelete