Wednesday, April 24, 2013

For the love of Grandparents

Naturally with the birth of Addison our family dynamic changed.  EVERY relationship changed. We all took on different roles. I was no longer just a wife + daughter but now a mother. My parents became grandparents, "Nunna" & "Puppa".  It is probably one of the most incredible relationships I've ever seen develop before my eyes.  This new role my parents took on 19 month ago came so naturally…so easily for them.  I love to see my Mum in the "Nunna" role + my Dad in the "Puppa" role.  They are completely smitten with her!  I have a wonderful relationship with my Gram & Puppa (my Mum's parents) & I prayed that Addison would have the same. It has brought out a joy in them I have never seen before…an unhindered silliness.  Over + over again my parents say, "being a grandparent is amazing", "i've never felt a love like this" and it is completely evident. And Addison ADORES them equally. It melts my heart when she exclaims "Nunna" or "Puppa", completely drops what she is doing to wrap her arms around them.


It's definitely a special relationship. I am so thankful to live close to my parents + even more thankful that Addison gets to have them in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment