Tuesday, May 14, 2013

She's Ready to Potty Like A Rockstar




20 months + she has successfully used her potty 2 times.  Both times were completely unsolicited, just a simple exclamation of "poop" "pee-pee"+ "potty" as she headed to the bathroom.  Both times we took her diaper off, sat her on her potty + both times she went.  Whoo hoo BIG GIRL.  I probably scared her with my roar of excitement + happy dance I did.  I am more confident then ever that she is ready to potty like a rockstar.  She HATES to be in a wet diaper + lets us know instantly when she pees + she constantly asks to sit on the potty (even if she is unable to go).  Sometimes she goes 3 hours without a wet diaper.  Like everything, there is endless information with tips + trips for potty training.  I have read   more than I knew was possible on potty training + a few things seem to ring clearly from every source:

1// Be patient
2// Have a schedule: sit on potty every 60-90 minutes, before + after sleep, before + after meals
3// Praise + reward them
4// Increase fluid intake during day

So here goes nothing…hopefully I will have a potty trained girl soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment