Friday, May 17, 2013

{Fitness Friday}: Athleta Relay Capri




I am pretty sure that the Relay Capri from Athleta is the holy grail of workout pants.  I am a die hard Lululemon fan + own several pairs of their wonderfully fitting workout pants but I have found their match! I spend a lot of time in workout clothes, lifting, WOD'ing, teaching spin + running.  Each activity requires something a little bit different when it comes to what I'm comfortable wearing.  I am not going to wear light coral pink capri's during a 60 min spin class that I'll be drenched at in the end + I am not going to wear yoga/lightweight style sports bra when I go for a run.  The same goes for shirts.  I can get away wearing a t-shirt while lifting + not have to obsess about it sticking to me due to sweat + you will be sure to see me in my Reebok Nano's while I am WOD'ing.  There a few things consistent with everything: FIT, COMFORT, DRY-WICKING/BREATHABILITY. 
 DING DING DING!!! These workout pants have it all. 
Athleta Relay Capri
They are ridiculously figure flattering: seamless waist band, mid-rise, tight leg, streamlining hips/booty. They are made of  Pilayo® + Supplex® Nylon/Lycra® Spandex which has awesome wickability (is that a word). They are soft, smooth + stretchy but still mid-weight (not even remotely see through). They have ventilated mesh around the thigh/back of knee which increases breathability + promotes evaporation of sweat.  They meet all my qualifications for a gym pant which is why I own 4 pairs.  They have a TON of colors. I do have to say that the colbalt blue (the pant pictured) are not ideal for a spin class unless you don't mind rocking booty/crotch sweat.  They wash/dry fantastically + have not lost any of the spandex/stretch.  There is no pulling up on them like other pants I own which is another huge bonus. They are a little more expensive then something you could pick up at TJ Maxx but are definitely competitive with any other brand you'd buy from Dick's etc. They are well worth their cost! 

No comments:

Post a Comment