Thursday, May 9, 2013

Flashcards



Addison is just a mere 4 months away from turning 2…insane!?! I have to admit that this is probably my favorite age so far.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the baby stage but seeing this explosion of imagination/creativity + language development is super awesome to watch.  I love having little conversations with her as she responds appropriately with "yup" "no" (I don't love that so much), "yay", etc. It's crazy how her vocabulary expands everyday. She is now putting 2 words together at one time; "buh-bye mumma", "dadda's hat", "more peeeese"…I love it. Even though it's sometimes unintelligible she still makes a huge effort to communicate.  We've done flashcards for quite some time + she is really starting to recognize the pictures on the cards. She even is will repeat some of the letters.  When I was in college flash cards was one of the most effective ways for me to study + truly retain the information…how crazy that my 1 1/2 year old is doing the same?!?  

There are TONS of flash cards on the market + you can even make your own.  My sister-in-law bought Addison the "Alphabet Slide and See" set from Magi Kids for her 1st birthday + we love them.  They are interactive with a sliding mechanism to reveal a picture + word associated with the picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment