Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Itch

I don't know about you but every year when I take down my Christmas decorations I get the "itch".  As I unpacked the tubs with my year round decor I kept thinking "hmmm, how can I re-purpose this?", I'd rearrange & move items hoping that would satisfy me. Nope.  I started making a list of things I'd like to see change, projects I'd like to accomplish & the items necessary.  I then started flipping through my catalogs, Ballard, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, West Elm, Restoration Hardware...searching for some inspiration. Inspiration turned into creating a small list of things like needed like a new dinning room table runner & pillar candles.  I then started pursuing Pinterest & my small list became a big list: napa chair covers, vintage peony print, wing back chairs, play room items, etc. Next I categorized my "needs" & "wants" & broke them down by store potential. And then I hit Craigslist.  Surprisingly I was able to check 2 items of my list within a matter of minutes; 2 wing back sitting chairs. $40.00 for the pair. Ridiculous! A little sanding, a grey wash paint job, sweet new fabric for the back & seat & I have 2 new chairs for my living room.  Nothing like kicking off 2013 with a fun DIY project. 

Please excuse the messy garage :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment