Thursday, December 6, 2012

Stitch Fix: {Review}

We all know that I have a (crush) on my UPS delivery man. Not literally, but how can you not get excited to see somebody who brings you presents all the time? Duh! I am fairly confident that Dan (yes, I know his name) already thinks I am slightly crazy BUT if he didn't before yesterday, he does now.  

As soon as I heard the sound of the truck coming down the street I scooped Addison up & stood in the doorway.  I literally exclaimed "HORRAY my first Stitch Fix shipment arrived!". What is this Stitch Fix that got me so excited? Ummmm…only the most GENIUS idea ever!  One of those I wish I would have thought of that companies. 

First, you request an invite (sort of like Pinterest). Here is a referral link to get started Stitch Fix
Next you anxiously wait for your email that says they are ready to style you.
Once you get your email you are ready to set up your style profile. They'll ask you all sorts of fun questions, show you sample outfits & ask your opinion to get your style preference & narrow down your size/body type.  It's like having a personal stylist…THEY pick out super fun, trendy, unique items (shirts, jewelry, outerwear, pants, dresses, etc) based off your style profile. 

So here's how it works:

Once you have your account set up, you schedule your "fix".
They charge a $20.00 styling fee & ship a package with 5 items picked especially for you. 
You get to try everything on in the comfort of your own home, paired with your favorite shoes, jeans, etc & really get a feel for the items.  
If you love everything in the box…you keep it, your $20.00 styling fee is applied as a credit & you pay the difference. You also get 25% off the total order if you keep all 5 items.  Sweet!
If you love only 1 or 2 items, the $20.00 credit is applied, you pay the difference & send the remaining items back (within 3 days) in postage paid (by Stitch Fix)package.
If you don't love anything you send everything back in the postage paid package & forfeit the $20.00. 
It's not a subscription & you aren't locked into a certain amount of "fixes". You literally log into Stitch Fix & schedule an order at your leisure. For me its a no brainer. I buy at least 1 item for myself once a month anyway so why not take a chance on something I probably would have not discovered on my own. 

This was my first experience. Be prepared for some extremely uncomfortable and awkward photos. (Next time I will probably put myself together & not take them at 7:30 in the morning, lol). 


The first item that caught my attention was this top:
Sanctuary Top: Ezra Longsleeve Knit & Chiffon Top
I died when I saw this necklace.  Totally not something I would have picked out myself but I LOVED it instantly.
What's In Store Jewelry: Three Piece Collar Necklace
I wasn't drooling over this dress but I liked it out of the box.
Honey Punch Dress: Wales Faux Wrap Sleeveless Dress
While I was totally in love with the print immediately, I did not think this was going to fit well.

Everly Top: Theodora Tribal Tabsleeve Blouse

The same skepticism came with this top. Loved the color (not something I would have picked out for myself) but I thought it was going to make me look boxy.
GLAM Top: Mission 3/4 Sleeve V-neck Blouse
I paired the sanctuary top two ways. First with a cotton floral skirt from Cotton On (a cute little store in Australia that I picked up when we visited 2 years ago).















































Next with red cuffed skinnies from the GAP & my leopard print Aldo flats. I really loved the knit & chiffon combo. This one is a keeper. 
I paired the red 3/4 sleeve blouse with wide leg Citizens of Humanity jeans & brown leather Jessica Simpson heels.


I preferred this top tucked in with these particular jeans.  I am sure it would look great untucked with a dark wash skinny jean as well. This top is a maybe.



Hmmm. The dress. I wore it exactly as it came and just paired with my Frye boots. I originally had a Free People slouchy off white cardigan with chunky wooden buttons paired with it but it wasn't a good mesh. Then I tried on a cream lace vest from H&M…didn't love that either.  It isn't super noticeable in the picture but the dress is HUGE up top. This wasn't a winner.


I thew the necklace on with the Everly tribal top. MY FAVORITE ITEM by far.  It will look great with so many things. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
And next, the top itself. LOVE! I paired it with faux leather leggings from Express & Lauren Conrad black & taupe heels.  I see lots of options for this top. Most definitely keeping it!



So my thoughts after my first package? They nailed it. I am actually shocked that 4/5 items fit perfect & even more shocked that I liked them all. I am sure there will be lots of hits & misses along the way but every miss is worth a hit. I am already looking forward to schedule my next fix. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the watermelon top with wide leg jeans... looks like it was MADE for you!!!!
    Emilee =)

    ReplyDelete