Saturday, December 15, 2012

Remembering Sandy Hook Elementary

Friday I kept my TV off most of the day.  It was almost like turning it off would make it a horrible nightmare & not a reality.  My heart is completely broken for the innocence that was stolen. When I heard the headline "authorities respond to a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School", I instantly felt sick to my stomach. I grabbed Addison, snuggled with her & started praying for the families who lost children, the children & teachers that will have this forever imbedded in their memories & the community that was robbed of the joy of this holiday season. It's unfathomable. There are really no words; no comfort to offer. My friend Emilee posted this picture on her Facebook page that her friend Amanda Cutler took.  It's incredibly moving & speaks volumes of the tragedy.

Amanda Cutler of Pumpkin Pie Photography
We live in such an unstable world. There is so much hurt & pain. It goes deeper then we can ever imagine.  Please make it a point to continue to pray for the grieving families, the surviving school staff & students, the town of Newton, CT.  Pray for the people with mental illnesses, those with hurts so deep that they could actually do something so terrible.  Pray for our nation.  Make a point to smile at people, don't tear people down.  Reach out to those in need and PLEASE don't go about your daily life like NOTHING HAPPENED. Headline after headline last week was a shooting here, a shooting there, children missing…this should wreck your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment