Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Repeat Daily

"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children." Deuteronomy 6:6-7.


This morning's devotion was especially timely in light of the current event of our nation.  Even though Addison is only one I read her a devotion every night before she goes to bed & pray with her.  Throughout the day I try to apply the scripture from the night before or what I have read that morning in my own devotion.

This morning's devotion was Deuteronomy 6. I have read that chapter a thousand times but it never impacted me like it did this morning.  As I read "talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." "write them on the doorframes of your houses and your gates." It really resonated with me. The beginning of the chapter addresses the First Commandment and greatest commandment, to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul.  How do those two points connect and why did it impact me so much?  Maybe that is how we are failing as a nation? We are instructed to teach our children…to teach them to love the Lord. We need to teach them about love and faith. Teach them about honor and authority, total surrender and adoration. About Grace and devotion.  About obedience and forgiveness.  I am going to repeat this daily to Addison. I want her to know that God is loving and forgives but to serve him faithfully. This I will repeat daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment