Wednesday, August 15, 2012

the beach these days

The beach these days...
  • My bag:
    • You will no longer find Elle or In Style in my tote. 
    • It's overflowing with sand buckets, boats & water guns. 
    • There's various SPF's with all different types of applications (foam, spray lotion, sunblock, bars of sunblock, sticks of sunblock)...I am obsessed. 
    • 4 towels
    • An extra sunhat for Addison
    • A beach coverup for myself & Addison
    • My phone
    • My camera (I brought it this time but left the battery charging in the charger...figures)
    • Diapers/Wipes
    • Change of clothes for Addison
  •  I have an ice cold cooler packed to the brim...a kid friendly cooler
    • water
    • 2 sippy cups
    • grapes & cherries
    • grilled chicken, sugar snap peas
  • What little laying out there is consists of being hand-printed with sandy palms
  • I find myself constantly saying "no, Addison. Don't put that in your mouth, that is yucky"
  • Rather than a jog, I am chasing her up & down the beach
  • Rather than being approached by "dudes" (lol, it's been a long time for that one anyway) I am being approached by random strangers so they can talk to Addison
  • There isn't any longer a need for lounge chairs. I do just fine sitting in the sand, making water holes & sand castles
  • I am constantly looking at my phone to make sure it hasn't exceeded 45 minutes & it isn't time to reapply sunscreen on Addison's sandy body
  • My heart melts listening to her roars of laughter & squeals of delight when the waves crash into her knees

Despite how much the beach has changed it is still my favorite place to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment