Thursday, August 9, 2012

roasted strawberry & coconut milk popsicle

The title had me at hello {drool}. Strawberries...yes please (roasted at that). Coconut...um double yes! I saw the recipe for this DE-LICIOUS popsicle on Pinterest & pinned it some time ago.  I had been dying to make them & several others that I have pinned but didn't have "the tools". I have read a thousand awesome reviews on the Zoku popsicle maker & various others but still hadn't bought one (my Amazon order for my Zoku & regular popsicle mold has now been placed). The other day I was craving a cold treat & had coconut milk in the fridge that needed to be used & a pint of strawberries & figured what the heck, I have silicone cube trays & craft popsicle sticks.  Oh boy...I am SO GLAD that I did because these bad boys are AH-MAZING! 

The recipe was adapted from TheYearInFood (awesome food blog). 

{they may not look pretty but they tasted amazing}
What you need:
8 ounces small strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 (15) ounce can coconut milk (full fat)
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon stevia
1/4 teaspoon cardamom

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Toss strawberries in one tablespoon stevia. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the strawberries on paper. Roast until tender and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, warm the coconut milk in a small pan over a low heat. Add the 1/4 cup stevia and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom and stir until stevia is just dissolved. Remove from heat.
When the strawberries are ready, remove from heat and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
Combine the strawberries with the coconut milk.
Using a glass measure with lip, carefully pour the strawberry coconut milk mix into popsicle molds (or silicone tray like I used). You may need to stir them just a little so that the fruit is distributed.
Chill for a minimum of four hours.

Addison was a super fan. 



{she didn't want to share}

No comments:

Post a Comment