Monday, January 23, 2012

WORST EVER

{note the look of guilt}

Today has been quite the day & it's only 1:00 pm...
The rain & cooler weather has had us cooped up in the house the last few days so I figured we'd run some errands today & meet a friend at Chick-fila for lunch.  Addison ate, had a diaper change, I bundled her up & we headed out.  10 minutes later we pulled up to our first stop, TJ Maxx. Addison was all smiles, giggling & jerking around her duck, Mr. McQuacken. It seemed perfect, the TJ Maxx parking lot seemed empty & I was hopeful to breeze in & return a few items & get out quickly.  While standing in line at the customer service desk I feel a light tap on my shoulder, "ma'am, there is something dripping from the cart."  I remembered grabbing the cart & there was nothing inside of it before I put Addison in. She was fine, sitting contently in her car seat smiling & cooing away. In pure horror I looked down to see a runny yellow substance dripping from the bottom of her car seat. "What in the world is that?" I thought. NOOO...surely it wasn't poop!?! I had just changed her diaper before we left & Addison can't stand a dirty diaper. She was happy, surely it wasn't poop?!  I panicked.  I keep wet ones in the diaper bag and while making my way to the restroom I gently rubbed the bottom of the car seat just beneath Addison's bottom, hoping to pull away a clean wet wipe.  NOPE! In complete embarrassment I dart out of TJ Maxx to the Volvo. I figured I would assess the damage & change her in the car. I open the door & as I go to put Addison's car seat in the car seat base I am completely horrified. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
What in the world was I going to find on the inside of her car seat? This is by far the diaper blowout of all diaper blowouts for sure. At this point I am gagging...yes an ER nurse that deals with blood, vomit, poop & all sorts of disgusting stuff was gagging at the sight of her daughter's poopy mess.  How can something so cute & dainty produce such a disgusting mess?  What do I do?! Do I strip her down & try my best to clean up the base or do I head back to the house??  I decided the best thing to do is try & clean out the base & head back to the house.  Meanwhile Addison is still sitting in her car seat with her legs lifted in the air. 

I think it goes without saying that her car seat was a complete mess & so was she.  I stripped her down, rinsed her off & took the car seat apart & threw everything in the wash.  It was a gentle reminder as to why we decided to use Pampers diapers.  Last week a friend gave me almost an entire box of size 1 Huggies & that is what she was wearing.  Poor baby. Sorry for the poop picture but explaining it wouldn't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment