Saturday, January 14, 2012

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FRUIT DIP

One of my favorite snacks.
{peanut butter chocolate fruit dip}
 What you need:
1/2 cup Non-fat Greek yogurt
1 packet of Swiss Miss Diet hot cocoa powder or 1 TBSP Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate cocoa
1 TBSP PB2

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl & serve with a crisp sliced apple or celery. It's even delicious on toasted ezekial bread . 

{NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR DIP ONLY= Cal: 115/ Fat: 0.75/ Carb: 11/ Protein: 15.5}
There are 2 reasons why this is so low cal, low fat & high protein. I used non-fat Greek yogurt (you could sub non-fat plain regular yogurt but your dip would be significantly lower in protein) & I used PB2 peanut butter (using any other kind of peanut butter is going to drastically increase your calories & fat). 
PB2 became my absolute favorite while I was pregnant because it's peanut butter with 85% fewer fat & calories than regular peanut butter.  It's literally pressed roasted peanuts...there aren't any preservatives or additives, it's 100% all natural peanuts, <1g sugar & salt. It's no secret that I LOVE peanut butter...I am telling you this stuff is fantastic.  If you make protein shakes or like to bake this is PERFECT for that! 
 I am typically a fan of staying all natural & using things without additives & preservatives so the fact that I used Diet Swiss Miss may be shocking to people that know me & my eating philosophy.  Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate cocoa is definitely the way to go if you are also a "clean" eater (it also lowers your carbs & calories a little).




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE PB2!!!! I add the water and then 1/2 a teaspoon of honey and eat it on a banana. It's one of my favorite snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE PB2!!!! I add the water and then 1/2 a teaspoon of honey and eat it on a banana. It's one of my favorite snacks.

    ReplyDelete