Thursday, October 13, 2011

6 WEEK GROWING PAINS

I am pretty sure that Addison is in the middle of a growth spurt. Well, I am crossing my fingers that is all this is.  From what I've read it's typical between 4-6 weeks & 6-8 weeks. She is 6 weeks today. Typical signs of a growth spurt: 1) breastfeeding more frequently. CHECK. Just when we settled into a routine of daytime breastfeeding every 3-4 hours & 5-6 hours at night...BAM, hello every 2 hours. 2) Fussier than usual. DOUBLE CHECK-hey MAD-dison...I see you are visiting again. 3) Change in daytime sleeping patterns(Napping less or more). CHECK...she has been an insomniac during the day which only precipitates her fussiness. 4) Restlessness/Hard to settle...CHECK, how about inconsolable.
Most of the literature says that it only lasts 2-3 days but can last up to a week.  It started Tuesday & so far there is no end in sight...oh please, please, please don't let it last a week!
All joking aside, I really just feel bad for her & her growing pains. She got the short end of the stick & was given my fair/sensitive skin. Crying...let's be real, SCREAMING, makes her hot & sweaty which causes her sweet little face to break out. She gets super red & her poor little eyes get swollen...just like me. She is ravenous while feeding & screams which causes her to spit up what seems like everything she ate, then she gets the hiccups which wake her up as soon as her little peepers shut. Poor baby.

Thankfully she LOVES having a bath.  Even in the midst of the worst tantrum when her little bum hits the water her whole body relaxes, she coos & smiles to her little hearts delight.  I have been so thankful for these moments because it reassures me these are only growing pains.




 Happy 6 weeks Addison. I love you more than you will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment