Thursday, October 18, 2012

Family & Wednesday Night Tradition

I'd like to think that I am a happy medium between a type A & B personality but I can be so type A. I am extremely competitive, I feel an extreme sense of accomplishment when I meet goals (I am one of those people that makes a list just so I can check things off). I am pretty aggressive, in that I am a "go getter"...get in there & get it done.  I also function extremely well with routine.  Since Philip's dad passed away part of our weekly routine has been having dinner with my mother in law every Wednesday night.  It's definitely something we all look forward to, especially because it's time Addison gets to spend with her grandma without any other distractions.  Do to life circumstances we haven't been able to get together the last few weeks.

We finally got back into our normal routine & spent the evening together. It was wonderful.  She is getting married December 15th & I am so thrilled that I have been able to be part of such an exciting time in her life.  She bought the most beautiful wedding dress & looks absolutely stunning in it.  I was literally awed be her.  Over dinner we talked about the venue, flowers, the DJ & all the fun details that come along with wedding planning.  I love seeing her so happy...she is literally glowing.  I am so thankful for Wednesday nights but was especially thankful last night as she is including me (just her daughter in law) in such a joyous time of her life.

 I hope as Addison grows up she understands the importance of FAMILY not routine/tradition or type A-ness. I hope I teach her that the reason we get together with Grandma on Wednesday nights isn't because Mum is neurotic & needs a routine but because it is important to spend time with those you love.  As a family unit we choose to love & support one another. I want her to know that our family is a solid rock, even during times of adversity & trial. I want her to experience that closeness & bond.
since I can't post a picture of my mother in law in her wedding dress...here is Addison in all her chic-glory starring at herself in the fireplace wearing my scarf.




No comments:

Post a Comment