Thursday, February 28, 2013

Stitch Fix #2



This lovely package arrived on my doorstep last Friday.  Sadly because of travels I was unable to break into it until Monday.
Gold-Hearted//Cream Rope Bracelet
I was indifferent about the bracelet.  I love that it's simple & casual.  I just wasn't sold on it especially because it's something I could easily make.  It certainly is not something I would even look twice at from a store, but isn't that the point of your fix?


Okay, so straight out of the box I liked the skirt.  I didn't love it but it's definitely something I'd wear.  You'll find me in a maxi on any given day in the summer. Dilemma…I have a TON of maxi skirts, do I really need another one?  I slipped on the bracelet that was included in this fix & paired this skirt with a fitted blank spaghetti strap tank top from H&M, black flat t-strap sandals I picked up in Australia & a beige faux fur vest from Target circa 2005.  LOVE! The more I started playing around, the more I loved the skirt. It definitely screams summer but you could easily pair it with boots, ballet flats, a slouchy sweater or fitted jacket & make it work for now. You don't have to be literal either, locking yourself into just pairing it with black & khaki.  I played around & put on a long sleeveless burgundy button up vest from Urban Outfitters & a pale pink off the shoulder hi-low sweater from American Eagle & it totally worked.


I died when I pulled this top out!  I love everything about this top!  I am obsessed with the print...LOVE the colors & love that it's shorter in the front, longer in the back. I knew exactly what I'd pair it with immediately.  I wore this with cobalt blue skinny jeans from JCrew, a skinny leather black belt from the GAP, feather earrings from Forever 21 & black Kensie booties.  Because the day I wore this was a bit chilly, I threw on my black leather motorcycle jacket.  It would look awesome tucked into a black pencil skirt, cuffed jean shorts with lace detailing, dark denim.

I wasn't sure what to think about the dress. I was slightly annoyed at first…another summer item? It's only February & there are definitely a few cooler months left, what am I going to do with a jersey dress?  Every pair of cool weather shoes looked terrible with the dress & because the dress is slouchy an over sized cardigan made me look frumpy. A structured jacket didn't work because it hid the layers of the dress & really the dress is too casual for a structured jacket.  Out of pure silliness I grabbed one of my summer beach hats…it could work with a pair of flip flops (I am wearing in the picture but you can't tell). I put on a fitted braided leather belt from the GAP & tucked the top layer of the dress behind it & liked the dress a whole lot more. I threw on some Dolce Vita strappy wedged brown sandals & it completely changed the look.  The dress even looked good without the belt & the wedges. Personally, I think the dress is more of a stand alone.  Maybe dress it up with a chunky bracelet but it's comfortable & casual.

I was so not a fan out of the box & on the hanger.  I like the chiffon details but where am I going to where this? I paired it with light colored skinny jeans that I cuffed, a brown pair of booties from Old Navy & a cream/coral sheer tank from Forever 21. Obsessed! I LOVE the way the jacket fits.  I love the creamy color, I love the structure…LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Totally became my favorite piece. This should be a staple in everyone's wardrobe.  

So what did I do with this order? Surprisingly I kept EVERYTHING! I could have lived without the bracelet & maybe even the tiered dress but completely LOVED everything else in the box.  Taking away the dress & the bracelet would have made me loose the 25% discount you get when you purchase all the items & it didn't make sense to send them back.  So….I kept them all. There really are endless opportunities with all the pieces.

Once again they nailed it. Like I said in my first review, if you are going to spend the money anyway, why not take a chance to find some really unique items that you may have overlooked in the store.  I would have walked by the Aryn K blazer, not even remotely considering it & it wound up being my favorite piece.  

If you are interested in trying it out for yourself here is a referral link Stitch Fix

No comments:

Post a Comment