Sunday, February 24, 2013

Parent Steps

Friday & Saturday was a BIG deal for us.  Like, a really big deal.  Addison is nearing 18 months & we had never spent the night away from her.  We did this past Friday night. Sure we have individually; I do when I work overnight & Philip does when he is out of town, but never at the same time.  It's not that we don't trust anyone else to keep her…well, maybe just a little, but we weren't ready.  I am surprised by the dumbfounded looks & jaw dropping awe followed by "are you kidding me?" when we tell people we have never done it before. It's one of those BIG parent steps without a timeline. It's one of those things YOU have to be ready for (I am going to post something later on this week about tips for making your first night away easier).


view from our hotel room in New Bern, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment