Tuesday, September 11, 2012

you know it's good when...

Summer is fading & fall is emerging.  It's bittersweet to welcome all things pumpkin, the crisp air, figs & apples.  Welcoming my favorite fall treats means saying goodbye to my summer faves.  Clinging to the last remnants of summer, I picked up a watermelon from the farmer's market last week. I've eaten it a million ways: grilled with shrimp & mint, made a marinade for chicken, added it to some drinks, frozen it...but my favorite way is plain all by itself. I am so glad I didn't pass it up because it was sweet, juicy & delicious.  You know it's good when you have to strip your baby down...clearly Addison enjoyed it as well. 




The watermelon is gone & the windows are open in my house this evening.  I guess it's time to embrace fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment