Monday, September 24, 2012

once in a lifetime friend


"Jonesy" my once in a lifetime friend, met the summer before my first semester at Evangel.  Sarah & her husband Jesse went to college with Philip; over the years they lost touch but reconnected prior to Philip & I moving to Springfield.  Philip knew Sarah & I would get along great & he raved about her.  Our connection was instant & it felt like we had known each other our entire lives. We lived in the same apartment complex & we were inseparable: we had dinner together almost every night, ran together, grocery shopped together, worked together...I was even privileged enough to be by her side when she gave birth to her first son.  I couldn't have prayed for anyone as wonderful as her, especially being 21 hours away from home...she was IS like a sister.  She lovingly nicknamed me "Mean Jean" & I called her "Jonesy". We were as goofy as goofy could get, constantly cracking ourselves up with yo mamma jokes & random dances. I have had some of the best times of my life with her & Jesse.  As life does it moved Jesse & Sarah back to Indiana where they were originally from.  I can honestly say Springfield wasn't the same without her.  Thankfully we still had the phone & could still exchange our laughter & tears.  We didn't see each other for quite some time before Philip & I moved to North Carolina.  We met up one last time before we headed back & it was super hard saying goodbye (maybe because I realized how far away we'd be). Over the last 5 years we've only seen each other 1 time & that was 3 years ago.  Since before Addison was born we planned trips & talked about meeting up but life kept getting in the way.  FINALLY things worked out & just like old times "Mean Jean" & "Jonesy" were reunited.  Life has changed so much but thankfully our friendship hasn't.  It was like we've never been apart.  Life is changing again & she & her husband & two boys are moving to the Czech Republic.  I am so excited for what God has in store for them but I'd be lying if I said I am not sad. It was the hardest dropping her off at the airport this time...the distance is much greater than Indiana & NC.  It may be 3 years before we see each other again but I am reassured that it will just like old times.  For now we have Skype & the telephone.  I am so thankful for my once in a lifetime friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment