Monday, August 29, 2011

passing time



i was up all night last night tossing & turning. despite little sleep i was bright eyed & rearing to go at 5:30 this morning. so i did what any logical person would do when everyone else in the house, including the dog, is snoring...i got on my hands & knees & scrubbed my floors on the 1st floor. i finished it off my scrubbing my baseboards with a toothbrush...all before 7:30 this morning. at 6:30 i realized how ridiculous what i was doing was, especially because i was scheduled to work 11am-7pm & had a mini-breakdown. i scheduled myself mon-tues-wed this week "just in case" to keep myself busy. well, there is no way i was going to be productive at work. the pressure is bad enough. i am totally losing it!

philip & i decided it was time for me to start my maternity leave. 
i called & talked to one of the team leaders at work & they were totally understanding. by 8:45 i was crying again, telling philip that i am going to go crazy just waiting & contemplated calling them back & working. philip convinced me that wasn't a good idea & said i just need to relax. soooo i went on pinterest & picked out some DIY stuff i'd like to do this week.  

after my prenatal massage today i am on a mission to find all the stuff i need to keep myself occupied & maintain some sanity.


even though it's only 10:30 & there is still 13.5 hours left of the day, i doubt today is the day i will meet my daughter but there is still hope. 

let the nay-saying & "i told you so's" begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment