Thursday, August 4, 2011

our nest is feathered


my mum, sharon (my mother-in-law) & sister paige threw me a fantastic baby shower this past weekend. 

it was held at the Rand Bryan house in Garner...a beautiful location
they kept the decor simple with romantic elements of flowers, nests & birdcages, damask black and white patterns with pops of pink & cream throughout the space 
 the favors were little nests with pink bar of soap shaped like an egg...they were really cute.
 mum had this banner & an it's a girl banner made for the shower & i am definitely going to find a way to incorporate this banner into addison's room.  we can use the it's a girl banner after she is born at the house. 




brunch was served on mismatch china, tea was served out of tea pots & everything was mini/baby sized.  

me & my beautiful mum
philip stuck around to take pictures but our camera was having issues so he just socialized, lol.
i had been anxiously waiting to wear this dress.  i bought it several months ago but my bump wasn't quite big enough for it...it's definitely big enough now!!!


i was literally "showered" with gifts, it was actually quite overwhelming. presents came from all over, even from people that were unable to make it.  addison's target registry is almost complete...she is a lucky baby! 

the most special thing about my shower was that my cousin aly was able to fly down from NH.  although we have lived a part for many years she is an extremely special person in my life...she was my maid of honor in my wedding. being able to share such a fun time in my pregnancy with her was awesome.  She is busy planning her wedding which is 2 months away & I am sure had lot of other things that she could have been doing to prepare for that.
THANK YOU ALY for coming down!

THANK YOU MUM, SHARON & PAIGE FOR A BEAUTIFUL AND MEMORABLE SHOWER 
THANKS TO ALL THOSE THAT GOT UP EARLY ON A SATURDAY MORNING, SHARED LAUGHS, OH'S & AH'S, BRUNCH & YOUR LOVE WITH PHILIP, ADDISON & I

No comments:

Post a Comment