Sunday, August 7, 2011

3 weeks until Addison

it is surreal to say/type "3 weeks until addison". she is really almost here...we are in the final homestretch....this is really happening. i am going to be a mum & philip is going to be a dad. 


i have fantasized of what the last 9 months would be like...never did i ever dream it would be such a genuine gift. each time i thought it reached it's pinnacle, it got even more amazing. losing my abs to gain the perfect egg shape to protect addison & house her growth. feeling the little flutters of her flips & twirls early on, reminding me that she is snuggled away. the amusement from watching my stomach contort/shift & trying to figure out what body part is poking out of my belly. the rhythmic movement of her hiccups after drinking coffee or eating anything with curry. her responsiveness to the beat of music & how she wiggles & shakes.  how my belly would move towards the water in the shower. 

i am ready.  her tiny little clothes are washed & everything is in place in her nursery...it's only missing her.  i go to bed each night & close my eyes & try to imagine her face. i wake up each morning knowing it's one day closer until we meet.

i will cherish each palpitation that every pregnancy milestone gave me: finding out i was pregnant, making it through the 1st trimester, her gender reveal, reaching viability, making it to the 3rd trimester, reaching term & now waiting for her arrival.




the most incomprehensible thing is that the best part still awaits me...addison.



No comments:

Post a Comment