Saturday, June 18, 2011

6 years ago

6 years ago today we said "i do". who know 6 years would go by so fast? it is a complete understatement to say how thankful & BLESSED i am.  i am so thankful that of all the people God could have paired us with, he perfectly paired us together.  philip is more than i could have every prayed for & imagined as the person i would share my life with. he is the perfect depiction of patience. he is levelheaded (which i am not) & never rarely gets angry. he is the most gentle, loving soul. he is incredibly talented & creative. he is kind & thoughtful, constantly putting my needs before his. he is passionate & driven. he is a wonderful husband & best friend...lucky, lucky me to be the one he chose. 
i am so excited that he is going to be my daughter's daddy.  if he loves addison a 10th of how much he loves me he will far exceed the expectations i have for him as a father.  
over the last 6 years we've had quite a few curve balls thrown our way & if it wasn't for philip i don't think i could have made it through.  the past 3 years were extremely difficult with the last year pushing us to our limits. we are stronger for it & would even say this last year was the best year of our marriage despite the circumstances. he stayed strong, held fast to his faith & was the perfect partner to journey such an uncertain path with. 
thank you for always believing & seeing past current circumstances & painting such a beautiful picture for the future. 
thank you for encouraging me & making me laugh despite the trial.
thank you for always making me feel beautiful inside and out.
thank you for providing me with a safety that makes me look forward to sleeping beside you every night. 
thank you for still giving me goosebumps!

happy 6th wedding anniversary, i love love love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment