Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a few pics from the bahamas

all 7 of us crammed into the expedition (bags & all) & made it to FL safe & sound.  we boarded the carnival sensation on thursday for our 4 day cruise to nassau.  i must say that it was a very relaxing trip.
from the left: shellie (the bride), krista (shellie's friend from work), kelly (maid of honor), annmarie (a bridesmaid), me & laura (shellie's friend) & crystal, who is taking the picture (shellie's sister/bridesmaid) after getting drenched from the out of the blue down pour
 from the back of the photo: krista, crystal, shellie, me, kelly & annmarie 
every night there were different events & the 1st night we went to a martini tasting (i watched them taste of course). the girls got 4 mini martinis of various flavors

shellie & i on the boat laying out
 after debating for several weeks i opted to wear a 2 piece & figured i should be proud of my 23 week pregnant belly. 
 annmarie, myself & kelly took a ferry boat to paradise island to explore the atlantis & lay out on the beach while the other girls did a snorkeling excursion
this hoopty ferry boat to be exact. let's just say we had a lot of laughs despite our near death experience to the island.
atlantis shot from the boat
kelly & i enjoying the warm water
 me, kelly & laura @ dinner on formal night

i didn't take very many pictures & tried to avoid the camera as much as possible. although there aren't many pictures to show it. i really had a good time. we went to different shows, danced, laughed (a lot), got some quality laying out time & saw a little bit of nassau.  i figured out how to tan the back of my legs etc. i rolled a towel up, put it under my chest just above my belly. it gave me enough lift & alleviated the pressure on my stomach. i could tolerate it (it strained my neck a little bit) for about 30 min at a time. 

1 comment: