Saturday, June 1, 2013

Great Reminder




Hampton was our "child" before Addison.  Naturally, as Addison came along, my affections have shifted dramatically towards her.  Not that I don't still love Hampton dearly but suddenly his drooling, snoring, the incessant sweeping of hair became more annoying than "just something you do for your kid".  I am so thankful for moments like these that remind me that our family wouldn't be complete without him.  While my focus + attention is mostly on Addison, hers is no doubt towards "Hampy" as she affectionately calls him.  From the moment she wakes up she looks for him + calls out his name.  If he is still in in his crate when she wakes up, she immediately runs over + lets him out.  Her snack time is his snack time. Before naps she gives him kisses + won't go to bed unless she can tell him "night-night". She runs through the backyard with nervous excitement with squealing with giggles as Hampton chases her around.   I adore the two of these kiddos + love how much they love each other. 

1 comment:

  1. I love to see kids and animals interact, and i think its sooooo important to teach them to be kind to Animals, I made sure my Son had a healthy respect for every living creature and would smack his butt if i ever saw him being mean to any of our pets, he is now a man and his gentle ways with our pets makes me know I did the right thing.....

    ReplyDelete